‘long walk to freedom’ by Nelson Mandela

 


Important qutoes;

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” 
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

“A Nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but it's lowest ones” 
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

“I had no epiphany, no singular revelation, no moment of truth, but a steady accumulation of a thousand slights, a thousand indignities and a thousand unremembered moments produced in me an anger, a rebelliousness, a desire to fight the system that imprisoned my people. There was no particular day on which I said, Henceforth I will devote myself to the liberation of my people; instead, I simply found myself doing so, and could not do otherwise.” 
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

“Freedom is indivisible; the chains on any one of my people were the chains on all of them, the chains on all of my people were the chains on me.” 
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiograpy of Nelson Mandela with Connections

“People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite... Man's goodness is a flame that can be hidden but never extinguished.” 
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

  • “Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.”

    “A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of.”

    “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
  • References;

    MANDELA, N. (1995). Long walk to freedom: the autobiography of Nelson Mandela. Boston, Back Bay Books.


Comments