Animal Rights Poster - Progress

 










Here is some of my initial designs for the posters on animal rights. I want it to have a strong impact with no clear label but will be free for the viewers own interpretations, in the same way Angelia Singer does in  her artwork too. Using the rawness of nature as the centre to shock the viewers into the truth. It should be done strongly because it’s worthy of it, just like we as humans are. Animal rights and human rights should be equal in every aspect, because we are all animals in the end. We are all apart of nature. 

The last three designs is what I’m gonna work more on and perhaps the one with the big red words stating ‘Good Boy’ because it’s the strongest. I also wanted to take a different approach and express the animal with power since us as the dominant race took it away from them. To do this I put the bear in front showing it's strength and it’s raw beauty in its own nature.

In the last image I’ve started to draw and colour my final design. I chose to use oil pastels because it’s a rough yet smooth, raw material and creates a very natural appearance. This could perhaps represent the bear’s place in nature, really highlight it’s aesthetic as nature.



 

Above is what my poster looked like before I added some alterations. I firstly roughly drew out the design to see if drawing the letters would look good, but I soon didn’t like it and concluded that typed is a lot better for the contrast against the hand drawn bear. Then I typed in the red words of ‘Good Boy’ but I figured that’s not powerful enough to send a message so I added animal right terms inside of each letter so people take the time to read them while looking at the image as a whole. This is to help get that emotional reaction we as artists can achieve unlike with just words alone. 

Comments