My Walk - Beckenham


The abandoned green houseThe Abandoned Green House 

On my walk around my local town, Beckenham in south-east London, I discovered a lot things which came to my surprise. My mentality at first was “there’s no way that something interesting would happen” but I was wrong. 

I had a strong opinion that I knew my local area and that it was quite boring. However, I thought if I took my usual route, I would end with the same story. So I decided to go a different way, which is short a cut down to Monivea Road (shown in first picture). The moment I went down those stairs to the unknown, it felt freeing, like I was on some sort of adventure and I loved it. It also felt quite rebellious, as the surroundings looked like someone’s back garden, but I ignored that thought because why else would there be public stairs. The further I went down, I discovered lots of little things that belonged to other people, such as a little vegetable garden, which didn’t seem to work out. Crochet on a bush, could have been something demonic but that could be my wild imagination, car wheel on a tree branch probably for families to enjoy, although it looked abandoned. To me it’s spiked my curiosity and raised questions like “why did the vegetable garden not work?, why is there a random piece of embroidery here?” All questions that cannot be answered, well unless I knocked on people’s doors, even so they may not have to the answer and then it turns it into a mystery to be solved or left forever unsolved.

Not knowing creates more mystery and suspense. Like a movie. That is what it felt like, my walk created a little story and sense of escapism. 

More pictures from my walk - LINK



Comments